Thursday, June 28, 2007

Have you ever?

I kinda forgot this thing existed there for a while. I guess because i had some bad experiences there for a while. Truth is...I don't know why. Its funny how you can experience something that makes you re-evaluate everything in your life, and then once you get done re-evaluating you realize that the whole problem that you encountered in the first place, wasn't really that bad. You can spend so much of your time investing in stuff. Dreams. Ambitions. Love. But in the end, if you don't spend your time investing in the right things, you will end up with nothing. Well, see, thats what i thought. Life is one huge series of challenges after another. It's how you get through them that counts. I feel like I am so much more mature than i was, say, two years ago. I know that amazing things can come out of the pain and heartbreak that comes with some of those challenges, so now i can see that pain is temporary. You hit those valleys that bring you down so low, but once you are coming back up the mountain just waiting for things to peak again, you can see that it was worth it. That obviously what you thought was "it", wasn't. Wasn't even close. You realize that in the strangest of things. In people you barely even notice on most days. It's weird how i am reminded constantly of the person I used to be before i let myself get off track, and the person i dream of getting back to. I used to be unashamed of my dreams. I used to be myself to everyone. I used to be passionate about the stuff that really makes a difference in other peoples lives. I have an image in my head of who i want to be, and most of the stuff I am chasing right now is such a huge waste of time. But, I know that everything in my life is making me realize how truly amazing and how fun life really is. I don't need anything to see that. I don't need someone by my side, eventually i feel like that will come in handy, but for now, its not appealing, because last time i lost myself in the shuffle. I'm not gonna let anything distract me this time around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I'm glad to see a post again! Are you still in Florida? What are you up to?

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home